Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ganpatipule... Ekla Chalo..!!!

After Alibaug Trip (My Second Post) a Big Success, we started planning for a Trip again. Searched on the net for some destinations and cameup with Ganpati Pule. Its a Beach on Konkan coast near to Ratnagiri. Ganpati Pule is also famous for Ganpati Temple from which this place got its name, temple of Ganpati is on the Beach itself. We did all the planning, as planned we were suppose to go by ST bus from Swargate Bus Stand on Saturday. As planned i reached Ashish's Place at friday night, but by then everyone backed out from the Trip. Now since i was all set to go, i thought lets have atleast one expierience of travelling alone.I got up early in the morning since bus was at 6:30 Am from swargate bus stand, i reached on time to the stand and got the Bus. Journey by bus was awesome, bus went from panchgani-mahabaleshwar way and joined NH-17 (Mumbai-Goa Highway).

I Reached Ganpatipule at around 3 Pm.. much more time than i expected, since the journey was amazing i didn't felt bored. Ganpatipule is small village, not very much options available to stay. So i started with searching for the hotel first, there is MTDC Beach Resort but that was out of my budget, then there are cheap room available in dharmshala of Ganpati Mandir samsthan but that is available only for married couples or family so i cant get it. Most of the hotels were full, at the end i got room in hotel. Since i was alone i had to submit my I-Card to get the room, thankfully i carried my PAN Card with me otherwise i would have to sleep on beach. Hotel owner took 400 bucks from me for the room for 24 Hrs, then i went ahead to beach for Sunset. I sat for long on the beach watching sunset,  very different experience, kind of independent feeling. On addition to that konkani food was delicious.

Next morning i got up early and went to Ganpati Temple to offer my prayers. There is small mountain adjacent to the Temple, it has shape as face of Ganpati, people use to take pradakshina of the mountain. I also went for the same, i also told my wishes in the ears of statue of mouse infront of Ganpati Temple. After taking the darshan i went for camel ride on the beach and then masti @ Beach as well. I disturbed lot of people to take my snap.. since noone was with me.. he he. I Returned from beach and check out of the Hotel. My Next Desination was Ratnagiri which is around 25Kms from Ganpatipule.

I got ST bus for ratnagiri, route to ratnagiri from ganpatipule was also very nice, you can view Sea all the time. I took almost an hour to reach Ratnagiri, first thing i did was to locate the private transport bus services to Pune. After sometime i booked my ticket to Pune in a Private bus which was at around 9:00 Pm. Now i went ahead to explore ratnagiri by myself. I hired an auto to go Ratnadurg fort, autowala took some 30 Rs to get me there. Fort was Nice and there is temple of Devi on the Fort. I saw the fort from every angle just below the fort was sea. After watching the fort i went down, there were lot of fishing boats, i sat there for a while and went back to city.

Since there was still some time left i explored the ratnagiri market. At around 8:30 Pm i reached the Pickup point of my Bus. Got the bus and reached Pune next morning at around 6:00 Am. GanpatiPule is amazing place, specially beach is very clean with white sand and konkani food is delicious.

-Jyotin

1 comment: